At Rosewood we use the 'Read Write Inc' programme and each child works in a group suited to their ability. Ask you child which colour 'Read Write Inc' group they are in, they come home with that colour book each week, or email the year one teachers to find out. They will then be reading the words and completing the tasks appropriate to their ability.
Mrs Farrar's guide to phonics
A guide to our Read Write Inc phonics programme. Watch this space for regular video lessons supporting your children with their phonics at home.
Daily virtual lessons for children - A message from the people who created Read Write Inc
'We're streaming three, short Speed Sounds lessons for children to watch at home every weekday on our YouTube channel.
YOUTUBE SPEED SOUNDS LESSON SCHEDULE 1st June – 31st July
All daily films will be available at 9.30am from Monday to Friday. Each film is approximately ten to fifteen minutes long and will be available on YouTube for 24 hours.
• Set 1 Speed Sounds, Word Time Reading and Spelling (for children in Nursery and Reception and children who are new to English).
• Set 2 Speed Sounds and Spelling (for children in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds and for children in Year 1 and 2).
• Set 3 Speed Sounds and Spelling (for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds).
• Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently. See schedule below.
• Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Reception.
• Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y1.
• Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
• Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
See the link below for information about Read and Hold a Sentence and Red Words. All films will be in separate categories on the YouTube channel.
Take a look at Oxford Owl for Home, where there are free Read Write Inc. eBooks (click on the ‘eBooks’ link underneath ‘Read Write Inc. Phonics Guide for Parents’) www.oxfordowl.co.uk/read-write-inc-home
Parent videos on pronouncing the sounds, how to sound-blend, read diagraphs, read stretchy sounds etc are also available on this page.